Added HD, W7, Getting The "Boot Mgr Missing" error

PFirefly

Hello all, PFirefly here............ up to my mental elbows in crocs and ali-gators. As the thread says, I am not able to get logged on with a new HD, an added HD exact GB's as the OS, W7 is on. I've read alot of good things about this program and the forums and was hoping I could be walked through the fix, other than putting in the W7 install disc every time I need to boot up. I'm not running a RAID array, I just need the extra Giga-bedbug bytes. I am hoping someone could walk me through or I'll have the go the external HD route.

One thing that is strange though, when I first installed the HD it booted right up with no problems. As McWatt would sing in "Catch 22" "Oh well what the hell". I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Hope you have a safe and blessed weekend !!!

PFirefly

Hi PFirefly,

Welcome to NeoSmart.

Sounds like your BIOS is configured to boot from the wrong hard drive?

Thank-you for the welcome. It is much appreceiated. I don't think that's the problem. I have gone into BIOS and switched boot order and it didn't help. I sure hope in Service Pack 1 Microsoft will address this issue. It shouldn't be that hard to add an extra HD to your computer.

Thank-you for the heads up and I will see what different boot orders I may come up with and if I fix it I'll be sure to post them, nez pas???

Have a blessed weekend,

PFirefly

Last edited:
Back