Vista SP1 Leaked to the internet

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Well it is that time of day again. Here with some breaking news for you. Vista SP1 has leaked to the internet.

Soem info on this. It is just like the Betas were. It is a 3.26 ISO Img. It is the Vista installer with the SP already installed. It is not just the service pack.

Also it is timebombed. Set to go off before April of 08 from what i gather in the EULA. I dont know if there is a special serial. I have hesistated to use my serial and see if it will activate.:grinning:

You should be able to install it without a serial...... no? With the generic activation period and stuff.

Anyway, according to the NFO, no special serial needed.

Here's the NFO for those that don't have it yet:
Code:
| | Proudly Presents: Microsoft Vista SP1 Build 6001.16549 | |
| |____________________________________________________________________________| |
| | | |
| | ________________________________________________________________________ | |
| | | Release Information [-][?][?]| | |
| | |_______________________________________________________________________ | | |
| | | Release Date.....: August 9, 2007 |^| | |
| | | Directory Name...: Microsoft.Windows.Vista.SP1.32Bit.Build.6001.16549| | | |
| | | Supplier.........: Microsoft .DVD.READ.NFO-WinBeta| | | |
| | | Type.............: OS | | | |
| | | Format.......... : ISO (as supplied by Microsoft) |-| | |
| | | Number of Discs..: 1 ||| | |
| | | Archives.........: 68 x 50 MB (2% rar recovery record) ||| | |
| | | Files............: wb-vsp132Bit6001.16549.dvd.rxx |-| | |
| | | Protection.......: key + Activation | | | |
| | | Requirements.....: CPU: 1.5GHz+ / RAM: 512MB+ / HDD: 12gb+ | | | |
| | | Link.............: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ |_| | |
| | |______________________________________________________________________|v| | |
| | | WB | | |
| | |________________________________________________________________________| | |
| | | | |
| | |________________________________________________________________________ | |
| | | Release Notes [-][?][?]| | |
| | |_______________________________________________________________________ | | |
| | | |^| | |
| | |This is the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Build 6001.16549. Think of | | | |
| | |it more as a pre-beta build of SP1 than an actual beta build. |-| | |
| | | ||| | |
| | | ||| | |
| | |Full Build tag is: 6001.16549.070628-1825 |-| | |
| | | | | | |
| | | |-| | |
| | | ||| | |
| | | ||| | |
| | | |-| | |
| | |Enjoy :) | | | |
| | |______________________________________________________________________|v| | |
| | | WB | | |
| | |________________________________________________________________________| | |
| | | | |
| | |________________________________________________________________________ | |
| | | Install Notes [-][?][?]| | |
| | | .Unpack. |^| | |
| | | .Burn to dvd or mount with an emulator |»| | |
| | | .Install, key is: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX or use your own | | | |
| | | Retail/OEM key to activate.

Please no torrent links to the Vista SP1 Beta build :smile:

I dont even think it has hit Torrents yet. But still. It isnt much different from what i see just yet. I have yet to dive into it deeply though.

I don't want different, just stable.

My download reset in the middle of the night, I'm at 14 hours left now :frowning:
(damn 512/128 connection - and it doesn't even download at that, rather closer to 490/116!! :frowning: :x)

I didnt get mine form torrent. But i can say 2 things. I noticed it is faster than Vista RTM. I also have noticed that it has used less resouces since install. Even with some heavy duty apps installed.

I am seriously thinking of running with Build 6001. With only 25% resources used upon startup compared to the 40% i had before. Big increase. This should have been Vista. Not SP1.

I posted about this here, gotta say, I agree with you Mak.

Vista RTM was a real fiasco, and I think the pinheads at Microsoft know it - even if the sales and PR teams say otherwise. I really hope SP1 can put many of the issues I've had with Vista to date to rest.

In all honesty i think i will roll with Build 6001. I am very impressed with the increase in performance and everything i am seeing with this build. I just haev to make my list of things needed to install on there and format and install where Vista is now. (Bigger partition)

Keep in mind that this is only a pre-beta, and most likely will not be upgradeable to the final SP1 - so you'll have to start from scratch in a couple month's time once more.

Yeah that is fine. I have my XP install that is all set up for everything. It will be just like when i was beta testing Vista.

Plus this has a time bomb set for April 2008. But that doesnt bother me.

Well it is that time of day again. Here with some breaking news for you. Vista SP1 has leaked to the internet.

Soem info on this. It is just like the Betas were. It is a 3.26 ISO Img. It is the Vista installer with the SP already installed. It is not just the service pack.

Also it is timebombed. Set to go off before April of 08 from what i gather in the EULA. I dont know if there is a special serial. I have hesistated to use my serial and see if it will activate.:grinning:

Interesting thing here is that is when Windows Server 2008 is scheduled for release.. Makes you wonder if that isn't coincidence? Of course we know that MS will never hit that release date, well known for always being way off on the scheduling on their OEM and RTM products.

Hi rcoffman, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

I don't think it's a coincidence, Microsoft has publically stated that SP1 and 2k8 will coincide in order to merge the kernels and make them both fully-compatible and synchronizing bug fixes.

Today both SP1 Beta 1 and 2008 RC were released to high-level testers on Microsoft Connect.

Back