HELP: JSP Doesn't Load Completely in Firefox

DaNuGai

I have an application that I wrote in which I have a form and whole bunch of INPUT fileds and SELECT fields. Couple of the SELECT fields contain the list of Colleges in the United States.

I am using <jsp:include page="/university.inc" flush="true" /> to include universities under SELECT.

Everything works fine in Internet Explorer, however, only half of the form loads in Firefox. When I refresh the page few times, I can see the entire form but that isn't really good because I can't tell clients to keep refreshing until you see the entire form. I tried this in Opera, which works majority of the time but that's not good either. So please help because I don't know how to fix this issue.

I would really appreciate some help.

Last edited:
Topic moved to correct section

Browsers are client-side: if a server-side script works in one but not the other, it's a client-side issue.

Unless, of course, the actual server is mis-configured and doesn't transmit complete documents. But that wouldn't be a problem with your script but rather TomCat or Jetty or Resin or whatever application server it is you use.

I was able to fix this issue by a using a popup window for the SELECT drop down menu and transmit the info back to the window.opener. This took some load off the main window, which fixed the problem. It has been working fine under all browsers and OS except dail-up connect.

I have some dial-up connection users that are saying only half of the SELECT drop down menu loads under the pop-up. I am not sure how I can fix this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

DaNuGai, all this sounds like a server misconfiguration. Your server is disconnecting before it finishes transmitting all the info, perhaps because the operation times out too quickly (hence the dial-up bit).

Anyway, check in your Tomcat configuration files for anything to do with a timeout limit, file size limit, or disconnect value and see if that does the trick.

Thanks Compuer Guru, I appreciate your reply.

My include file (<jsp:include page="/university.inc" flush="true" />) under the popup is 413 KB.

I am using Tomcat 5.5.20 and the following shows how my server is configured. I got the following from server.xml

PHP:
<Connector port="8080" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100"
connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

The only thing I can think of changing is connectionTimeout to say 60000 (60 seconds). Not sure if that is the right thing to do but I figured I'll ask. Is there anything else you recommend that I try changing?

Thanks a bunch for your help. I really appreciate it.

Back