boot manager is missing bootmgr missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a fully formatted internal hdd on a sony viao.
When I try to boot from disk I get:
'boot manager is missing or bootmgr missing'
press ctrl alt delete to restart
I have done this a dozen times and cannot get past this point.
Thus far I have only been able to find tips regarding repair etc when the disk actually boots
and takes you to the install page.
As I cannot get past this step. Is there any positive help?
It would be greatly appreciated.
In particular if there is an alternative to windows or anything to do with MS = miserable scumbags:rage:

boot manager missing

I have done that from the start. I finally get to loading ran through to 44% and then got
Windows could not set the offline locale information
error code
0x80ff0000
hoe The F*** am I supposed to know what that means?:angry:
I am trying to install win 7 not Vista

In particular if there is an alternative to windows or anything to do with MS = miserable scumbags:rage:

Yes Linux. It is free. There are other options out there. Dont blame your problems on the wrong company which you are doing. Microsoft didnt sell you the laptop and they didnt cause your issues. You did. You went the wrong ways to fixing an issue and now you are placing the blame on them for no reason.

0x80ff0000
hoe The F*** am I supposed to know what that means?:angry:

Well you could start by asking. There are those of us here that can find this information for you. But I dont really care to have to read such comments. We are volunteers and do this with our free time. We dont need to be sworn at. I can understand your frustrated but that is no excuse to take it out on us and expect us to help.

I am trying to install win 7 not Vista

Whats your point? The instructions are exactly the same for both operating systems. So instead of just jumping to the conclusions that he gave you the wrong instructions you could have at least looked at the page.

boot manager missing

Thanks for nothing all I need is yet one more patronising person.
Don't bother I will not bother you again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back