Removing XP from Dual Boot

J81

Hi All,

I have a dual boot on my P.C. I had a trial version of Windows 7 and Windows XP. I have now installed a full version of Windows 7 and I wish to completly remove XP so I can have the whole hardrive dedicated to Windows 7. Can anyone advise how I do this using EasyBCD 2.1.2.?

Thanks

J

Addendum:

I have managed to remove XP using EasyBCD 2.1.2. from the edit boot menu. Now in Windows 7 when i right click on Computer - Manage - Disk Managment. I can not not delete the Windows XP Volume. Does anyone know how I can delete it and give Windows 7 all available harddrive space?

Last edited:
Thanks!

Can you advise which steps I can take to do this?

Addendum:

Also I have managed to remove XP using EasyBCD 2.1.2. from the edit boot menu. Now in Windows 7 when i right click on Computer - Manage - Disk Managment. I can not not delete the Windows XP Volume. Does anyone know how I can delete it and give Windows 7 all available harddrive space?

Last edited:
Changing the Boot Partition - EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

When XP is no longer "system", you'll be able to get rid of it

Disk Management flags have the following meanings

"boot" = "this is the system you're running"
"system" = "this is where I found the boot files for the currently running system"
"active" (on the first HDD in the BIOS boot sequence) = "this is where I started the search for the boot files"
"active" (on subsequent HDDs in the BIOS boot sequence) ="this is where I will look if I don't find something in the MBR on the first HDD"

Back