Need help. lost "\windows\system32\winload.exe

wmlax21

I'm pretty new to computers and dont know what to do. While i was trying to download a program to allow my Bluetooth to work with my win7 home premium 64bit it somehow seems to have uninstalled all of the data on my hard drive or something along those lines. so i purchased the recovery disc and followed all of the steps here, "http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Recovering+the+Windows+Bootloader+from+the+DVD", and i still cant boot windows at all. any help would be great.

File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

win7 was pre-installed so i dont have any software.

Though Win7 was preinstalled you should have a hidden partition that was created by the computer manufaturer. In this partiton is Win7 and all other programs provided to you when you purchased the system. What you require are the key strokes required to get you into this hidden partition when the computer first boots. Check any instructions you were provided by the manufacturer or from the store - a friend of mine has an HP system and CTRL F11 is required to boot his - your's should be similar.

Back