System skips boot manager option on start up from cold

jamesB

Hi all, hope someone has a solution to my problem. I have set up a dual boot system consisting of Windows 7 and Windows 7. Both operating systems are on separate 250gb drives. Everything worked fine for a week or two, but now I find that when I switch on the computer for the first time from cold it skips the boot manager window and goes straight to windows. The strange thing is that if I use the option to restart the computer (rather than shut down completely) everything is fine, I get the boot manager window and the option to choose the operating system to start. Both operating systems are working perfectly by the way when they are up and running, it's just that from cold I do not get the opportunity to use the boot manager. I have made various attempts using EasyBCD to resolve the problem, but so far no success. I am into high definition video editing and want to keep the video editing software on a separate system. This is the main reason for the dual boot arrangement. Any suggestions which might point me in the right direction to solving the problem would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, JamesB

Either reset the BCD with EasyBCD and reconfigure (this is an issue we've seen before) or use iReboot.

Hi all, hope someone has a solution to my problem. I have set up a dual boot system consisting of Windows 7 and Windows 7. Both operating systems are on separate 250gb drives. Everything worked fine for a week or two, but now I find that when I switch on the computer for the first time from cold it skips the boot manager window and goes straight to windows. The strange thing is that if I use the option to restart the computer (rather than shut down completely) everything is fine, I get the boot manager window and the option to choose the operating system to start. Both operating systems are working perfectly by the way when they are up and running, it's just that from cold I do not get the opportunity to use the boot manager. I have made various attempts using EasyBCD to resolve the problem, but so far no success. I am into high definition video editing and want to keep the video editing software on a separate system. This is the main reason for the dual boot arrangement. Any suggestions which might point me in the right direction to solving the problem would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, JamesB

I have a similar problem. Mine occurred only after a virus....coincidence or what? I run XP on one drive and W7 on the other. What should Easy BCD be reset to? Thanks.

Back