Easy BCD 2.1.2 has "lost" Windows 8

Squeezy

Hi,
today I installed W8 preview on my machine alongside 2 w7 partitions and an ols XP partition. After the installation of W8 I managed to boot back into my main W7 patiton and then updated easyBCD to 2.1.2. all the partitions showed up just fine and I re shuffled the order. After a re boot W8 has dissapeared. No matter what I try it does not show up. I cannot select W8 as a manual installation. It originally showed up Ok on Ireboot but that has now dissapeared as well.
Any ideas welcome.
Cheers,
David

Can you see the Windows 8 partition in My Computer?

What happens if you add the entry manually?

I have also lost the ability to boot into Win 8. I am able to see the drive and access the files within windows 7, I am also able to enter the drive manually into the windows 7 boot menu however when booting I get the error message status oxc0000428

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this drive.
Any suggestions?

Older Longhorn systems cannot boot newer ones. The bootmgr on Vista thinks W7 is bogus, and likewise with W7 to W8.
Newer systems are backwards compatible though. You should be able to add a W7 entry on W8.

Older Longhorn systems cannot boot newer ones. The bootmgr on Vista thinks W7 is bogus, and likewise with W7 to W8.
Newer systems are backwards compatible though. You should be able to add a W7 entry on W8.

You may be right Terry, I am going to put the win 8 drive on the first sata port and the win 7 drives on a different port, this way I can boot into win 7 and as more bugs show up in win 8 CP I can remove it and rely on 7. Right now windows 8 wants me to format a perfectly good fresh 7 install before I can use it.

Back