trouble with Windows 7 recovery on Toshiba laptop

kacyd

I have a Toshiba Satellite L505D-GS6000 running Windows 7 that started having trouble with the USB ports including the external mouse (USB plugin). I was unable to access my user file, but I was able to login on another user file (non-admin). Mouse pad had been disabled so I was getting around only using tab. :|

All efforts to fix the USB issue failed, so I opted to try System Restore. This seemed to run properly, but there was no change in the USB ports.

I then went to the "Toshiba Recovery Wizard" and followed the sequence to recover to out-of-box state. This started out okay, but got stuck in a loop:

• Starting windows
  • Setup is preparing your computer for first use
  • System Customization in Progress Please Standby
At the 5th loop thru this sequence there was no movement on the progress bar and the mouse indicator & keyboard were frozen also.

When rebooted, Windows starts, but when I select a user (offers Admin & other) – both show error “Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator". It never asked me to setup a user, so I guess it froze up before that step in setup.

I used the Windows 7 Recovery disc – auto & manual repairs - mouse pad is now working but no change to user accounts.

I need help on what to try next. Thanks in advance for your help.

Check the Memory Module!

Open the laptop and if you'
ve 2 modules installed, take out both of them and use a soft pencil rubber for to clean the connector feets. After done trhat, place one Module back in and start the Laptop to see it works, if not change nthe Module Port and try again. Do the same with the 2. Module.

Use an PC and create a bootyable USB Stick with Windows 7 on it. For to do that, download the Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool from Microsoft: Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool which could be used for Windows 7 and even Windows 8 for to create an USB Windows 7/8 device.
Check the setup from the USB is ok and work. It's possible that your DVD Drive or the DVDF has some problems.

I would suggest to do a clean and full new installation.

Back