Downloading to a Mac and having troubles

I am using a Mac Lap Top that has been partitioned to also boot to 32bit Windows Vista. The Vista side is now coming up with a black screen and won't boot. So I bought the repairable CD's, downloaded into the Mac side, but I can't open it ... I also downloaded the CD burner, but that won't open either. Basically I have no idea how to get this onto disk so I can try to repair the windows side.

I just plain need help here :smile:

Thanks .... got it burned to disk .... the computer recognizes the disk (gives me an option to use it when I boot and hold the option key) then it goes to a hit any key screen and freezes.. any ideas ???

Sometimes a damaged (unbootable) partition can stop the repair disk booting too (it tries to read the OS partition).
You might need to run a chkdsk against it before the repair disk can boot. Unfortunately that's also an option on the command prompt page of the CD which is unreachable.
I don't know if the Mac side can do the equivalent against an NTFS partition, but if not you can get a free bootable partition manager which will check (and repair) the file system.

and something that if I wasn't forced to use PC based software for ONE program I wouldn't have to use ... sadly the partition manager didn't work either

Do you mean that you couldn't get the Partition Manager to work, or that fixing the file system didn't help ?

Back