Dual OS & Easy BCD Help *URGENT*

Hi guys

hope you are all good. i need some urgent help i have always like a dual operating system because some programs i use arnt very responsive with 7 but work great on xp.

now i have created a partition on my hard drive which is now labelled as C: and E: one is 400 gb and the other is 50gb.

I have installed windows 7 on C: which is up and running working great and installed xp on E: which is 50gb.

Now someone suggested i use Easy BCD as windows used xp as a default operating system when i wanted 7 as my default.

I ran easy BCD in windows set it up for 7 as default and selected user selection in properties on restart windows selection screen came up with windows 7 in it as i hadnt installed xp at that time so i thought great its all working.

I then installed xp to find that now it boots up as xp as default.

I have also installed easy BCD on windows xp and tried having xp and 7 in the list, selected xp as E: and 7 as C: and it sets xp default to C:

when i restart it dont give me a selection for 7 or xp just uses xp as a default

hope it makes sense as i typed this quickly

thanks in advance
icon_smile.gif

Here is a screenshot i set xp to E: which it is located and it sets it to C: for some reason

*SORRY TRIED IMG TAGS AND IT DIDNT WORK PLEASE CLICK THE LINK*

Code:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/bcdn.jpg/

Thanks for the reply

did what the guide said and now im getting this error when trying to add windows xp to the boot menu

dont know what it means

24njrcm.jpg

Back