Windows 8 Bootloader loop

jgb95

Hello all, I have had EasyBCD installed for some time now, and never really had any problems. Until I installed Windows 8 Release Preview. I installed it to a separate partition (obviously) and booted into it the first time just fine. However, I really don't like the new bootloader that Windows 8 uses. So I booted into Win7 and set the Win7 option as default. I left Win8 alone for a while, but then yesterday I decided to boot into it, so I rebooted as usual, and picked Windows 8 from the Win7 bootloader. It started loading the Win8 bootloader instead of the OS. So I chose Windows 8 from the list (except this time I chose it from the Win8 bootloader), and it reboots like it normally would, however, it reboots back to the Win8 bootloader instead of the OS! Please help me with this problem, it's been really bugging me today and I made an account on here just so I could get some help because no one else seems to have this annoying problem.

Thanks!

tl;dr Trying to boot to Windows 8 but it's stuck in a loop of rebooting to the Windows 8 bootloader.

Thanks for the quick reply, however, that doesn't seem to be the problem I'm having. What seems to be the problem is that no matter which bootloader I use, the "Windows 8" entry just goes to the Windows 8 bootloader instead of the Windows 8 operating system. I want to get into Windows 8, but I can't. I can boot into my other OS's just fine.

Back