Windows Vista Wont Start?

Kuruna

Hello, thanks for any help or answers!Recently, i was watching a video when the screen crashed and blue vertical lines appeared on the computer. (Graphics Card maybe?) Unable to shut down, i switched the computer off at the mains switch plug (was that a mistake)? And ever since i've tried to start up Vista, lines have kept appearing on all pages. There are also numerous other problems.
I pressed F8 to select the Boot, and i couldn't read any of it since the options were in codes or letters (of some sort). F2 appeared to be in the same condition.
Also, it's not letting me switch to safe mode, and leads me to a black screen with two option (Open startup repair or start windows normally) I couldn't start windows normally (tried) so i clicked on startup repair.
The results were - Startup repair cannot fix your computer automatically. I looked into the problems, and here are the results:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairV2
Problem Signature 01: AutoFailover
Problem signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000
Problem signature 03: 6
Problem signature 04: 655370
Problem Signature 05: NoRootCause
Problem Signature 06: NoRootCause
Problem Signature 07: 0
Problem Signature 08: 1
Problem Signature 09: SystemRestore
Problem Signature 10: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

After that, i tried system restoring. First attempt (2 days back) failed. So i tried to restore it back to a month, with no luck. Im now running a memory diagnostics check.
Please can you give any ideas or advice on how to fix this problem. (How do i get to the safe mode options?) Also, i don't have a Windows Vista recovery disk. Im aware you can buy one from a link- the software to boot on a disc.

I've though about doing a clean boot, but i can't since it's not displaying the screen for me to switch to safe mode.

Thanks, and much appreciated.

Back