Add Button missing when Adding New Entry

Baldrick

Hi there

Have just installed EasyBCD 2.4 on a new Surface Pro 7, and when I try to add a new entry to the Boot Menu (for Windows 10 Safe Mode) the dialog Displayed (Add New Entry/Operating Systems) is missing the 'Add' button.

I do get the "EFI Bootloader Detected" message but checking the relevant section of the documentation I note that:

"If your Windows PC is booting in EFI mode, Microsoft has blocked the loading of legacy or non-Windows operating systems from the BCD menu. This means that you can no longer use EasyBCD to add Windows 9x, XP, or Server 2003 entries to the BCD bootloader menu. You also cannot add DOS, Linux, BSD, or Mac entries. You can add multiple Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 entries; and you can also boot into BCD-based portable media, such as WinPE 2.0+ images."

which suggests that I should be able to add a new Windows 10 in Safe Mode entry as it is NOT a "legacy or non-Windows operating systems".

What am I doing incorrectly as I have been able to set this up on a Surface Pro 5, running Windows 10.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick

On 2.4 the "add" button has been internationalized to the "+" button
(green - just to the right of the drive dropdown)

Hi Terry

Many thanks for the prompt response...that was it...when I managed to figure out where exactly the '+' was it was all sorted. On my tablet the '+' sign looks more like a green circle...probably due to the resolution I am running.

Anyway...all good now...so again, many thanks.

Regards, Baldrick

Back