Before I Purchase I've got a Few Questions

Erik Little

The walk through on the home page is nice, a lot of developers forget this and information about their production and how to use is so vital.

Anyway here is what I got, I am setting up 5 Machines, Workstations, all of them have the same configuration, Dell T5600, 64GB memory, nice graphics and video card for a workstation, windows 10 professional, 1 PERC card the one that came with the machine it has an A and B SAS outlets. Each one has a SAS to SATA data cables, 4 cables per outlet. Right now I am only using for SSD drives and this will most likely be enough so I am only using A SAS outlet with 4 SATA data cables.

It is NOT set up as a RAID it is just set up as 4 drives 0,1,2,3.
0 = 256gb mSata
1 = 1tb SSD
2 = 500 SSD
3 = 500 Traditional 2.5 form hard drive.

I installed all my windows / system files only 1 / SSD Drive becuase we know this will fill up before I even get all my programs installed. I am a full stack developer so I have IIS, VS, SQL, The entire Adobe Suite ect.

On a 64bit system.

So, as of now my poor little mSata is empty. The way I set up my drives are, 0 system, 1 programs, 2 data, 3 available if i need it for future use or coping data as a temp holder then restoring it back somewhere else.

Here is what I want to do.
  1. Partition the mSata to where it has just enough room to hold the windows system and boot files.
  2. The left over I want to combine that partition with current drive that the system is only now.
    1. This is where YOUR EXPERTISE comes in, do i strip it? how do i combine these to together. the left over mSata space and the 1tb drive. THIS IS WHERE I REALLY NEED HELP..
  3. Move only the OS boot files to the mSata, the small part that i partitioned. So it will boot only from the mSata.
  4. Make sure that when I install programs that do not give me an option as to where i want to install the new program it does not see the mSata as the system and try to install there and give me an out of room error.

So, to recap, i need to move only the system boot files over to a partitioned mSata partition
2. I need to combine the left over amount of the mSata partition and the 1tb together so the system sees it as one.

If your program can do that i will buy right away.

Thank you so much for your help.

Erik

Back