BIOS boot devices removed mistakenly

Faisal

Hi,
As my Hard Disk completely crashed so I completely format my computer Hard Disk. After formatting I made my same hard disk as bootable media with Windows 10 image in it. when I tried to reimage my computer it did not start to install the windows.

For fixing it some how from BIOS mistakenly I have removed the bootable devices/partition including HDD from Which I can reboot my computer or start to install windows. Now even I don't have any option in my computer BIOS as add the Bootable device. I don't know what to do. As I Turn ON my laptop, it directly goes to BIOS and I don't find HDD as first bootable device.

My question is Does BIOs updates help? if yes, how do I update my computer BIOs? As hard drive has nothing in it and for updating the BIOs computer need to start the BIOs exe file from Windows itself and then it restarts and do the BIOs update.

Any kind of help will be appreciated.
Regards.

BIOS updates are up to you. If the system works fine then don't bother with it. However, if the motherboard manufacturer (or your computer maker) website tells you to upgrade the BIOS for security reasons then follow that advice and upgrade it.
If you removed all boot entries and switched the machine off then there is nothing you can do unless you have the system recovery disk to repait the boot sector, and boot from that. Or you could use a system disk (you could even borrow one as thew activation has already been done).

You should try resetting the CMOS (jumpers, remove battery, etc) and see if that helps. Make sure you boot it with all hard disks disconnected the first time, which forces it to use its own NVRAM uefi boot store and not a cached/stored copy on the disk.

Back