C: windows vista
E: files
F: more files
G: windows xp

i installed EasyBCD on vista because i wanted to have boot menu
and always when computer start then i chosed system whats i want
bedause i added in the Easy BCD windows xp to chose

today i decide to remove windows xp from my computer and install suse 11.1

so i thought i will have to delate this enteries "windows vista" and "windows xp" in easy bcd so i delated this enteries (and this was my the worst step)

i restarted system and i had have information about some problem
\boot\bcd
hmmm... but i ignored it i restarted system again and put suse dvd i thought moby when suse install grub then windows vista will start from suse grub menu but i was wrong
suse its working but still ich a chosing disk with windows i have some BCD error \boot\bcd
i tryed a lot off things to repear this with recovery vista x64 cd (i have vista 64)
but nothings working i really want to repear this plizzzz HELP i need this computer tommorow!!! plizzzz

i installed EasyBCD on vista because i wanted to have boot menu
and always when computer start then i chosed system whats i want
bedause i added in the Easy BCD windows xp to chose

today i decide to remove windows xp from my computer and install suse 11.1

so i thought i will have to delate this enteries "windows vista" and "windows xp" in easy bcd so i delated this enteries (and this was my the worst step)

i restarted system and i had have information about some problem
\boot\bcd
hmmm... but i ignored it i restarted system again and put suse dvd i thought moby when suse install grub then windows vista will start from suse grub menu but i was wrong
suse its working but still ich a chosing disk with windows i have some BCD error \boot\bcd
i tryed a lot off things to repear this with recovery vista x64 cd (i have vista 64)
but nothings working i really want to repear this plizzzz HELP i need this computer tommorow!!! plizzzz

Hi infernovip. Welcome to NST.
It seems you deleted your Vista boot entry, as well as your XP one, which explains why you got that BCD error and couldn't boot into Vista :tongueout:oint:
To fix it, you will need to use the Startup Repair found on your Vista reinstallation disk (if you have one), or the Vista repair disk found on this site if you don't have one to fix Vista's boot, and then use EasyBCD to add an entry for booting Linux to the Vista bootloader.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

-Coolname007

EDIT: Here's the page to download the Vista Recovery Disk from, on this site:
Windows Vista Recovery Disc Download The NeoSmart Files

Last edited:
thanx for advice
i was trying this copule of time with recovery cd of vista:
i used manual from:
Recovering the Vista Bootloader from the DVD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

but it dont help

now i know how to hell my vista boot
i spend many hours to do this but finally its worked:grinning::grinning::grinning:
so everyfing here complicated linux because on linux partition was crieted ACTIV partition so that why vista recovery cd doesnt work good for me
what i do to repear? :
1. in bios make hdd as IDE
2. use some botable CD/DVD software like HIrens boot to change VISTA partition AS ACTIVE
3.(you dont have to do this): i formated partition with linux
4.restart computer
5. put vista recovery cd
6. chose language > next> Repeir system> and this repeared my system:grinning::grinning::grinning:
7. finally vista boot again:grinning::grinning::grinning:

thanx for anserw and i have hope if someone else will have simple problem will find this topic and reaper booting:]

take care all:]

Glad I could help. :smile: For future reference though, an old saying comes to mind..."Look before you jump!" :lol: Next time, make sure you're deleting the right entry in EasyBCD, to avoid screwing up your Vista boot again! First verify that's its the right one, before hitting the "Delete" button...:wink:

-Coolname007

Back