Can't boot to partition other than C after adding new one - and converting to dynamic

especht

I had three partitions with Windows 7 on my system and I just tried to add another using the Disk Management utility. When I added the new partition, Disk Management turned my partitions from type Basic to Dynamic. Now I can only boot to the first instance of windows. It seems to be forgetting the drive letter for the other options when I reboot.

FYI, I've purchased a commercial license for EasyBCD.

Please Help!!! :x

Is 3 windows partitions the max?

I had three partitions with Windows 7 on my system and I just tried to add another using the Disk Management utility. When I added the new partition, Disk Management turned my partitions from type Basic to Dynamic. Now I can only boot to the first instance of windows. It seems to be forgetting the drive letter for the other options when I reboot.

I was able to convert the partitions back to Basic using another program. Is 3 the maximum number of Windows partions you can have on a disk?

It is a maximum of 4 Primary Partitions. It doesnt matter if they have Windows installs or not.

Back