Can't make EasyBCD run from WinPe1,2,3

Hi, I can't make EasyBCD run from WinPE.
I notice that EasyBcd need .NET2 in order to run.
I build my WinPe from Windows 7 with Winbuilder and Win7PE_SE source (which include .NET) and I just add EasyBCD.
My WinPe perfectly launch from my USB key, but when I run EasyBCD, nothing Append.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Open the error viewer and see if there's anything there associated with trying to turn on EasyBCD.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
EasyBCD isn't getting far enough along to log anything or it would've shown an error message.

Ok thanks, did you have the opportunity to test EasyBcd on WindowsPE ? If so, which release do you think I shoud use ?
Thks!

Edit : I add Dot net 2 and Visual C++ 2005 Runtime Plug-In on my WinPE 1. But this time easyBcd crash, nothing in my event viewer, but I let Easybcd send the error report. If you can look for on your database... :smile:

Edit2 : Following this discussions : registry/file leftovers - The NeoSmart Forums
I try this file : EasyBCD Standalone Configuration.zip on EasyBCD and 1.7.2 I succesfully rn it on my WinPE 1.0 with DOTNET and Visual C++
But this confil file seems to not work on easyBBCD 2.0 because it's still crashing

Last edited:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
I'm planning on making a bootable version of EasyBCD in the near future.

Would be really nice, because at the moment the only way to do it is either by bcdedit & BellaVista from PE or even mini XP

sebus

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
:smile: thanks for expressing interest, guys :smile:

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
If a portable version is made, it isnt going to be anytime soon. Like not even before the new year. Be patient, there will be a news release when it happens.

The developers has school and a full time job along with this project that he does as a hobby. It is a lot for 1 person to do.

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
While that is true EasyBCD was 2 years in development. So i wouldnt look for a bootable version so soon. It will take time.

I have spent the last couple of evenings looking through the forum to see if there has been any update to this, i have also check the change log for the beta versions. Still unclear though.

Does the current 2.0.2 or any beta versions work inside a WinPE 3 boot? Mine is a heavily customised Win PE 3 made using Make_PE3 so it includes .Net , C++, and various other libraries and components.

If it were to work, what would I need from the Prog Files folder/registry?

Happy to give feedback and assistance if i could get some guidance.

Cheers

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Hi mcopmton,

What you're asking for is not tried, tested, or supported. Though I have plans to start working on a bootable version of EasyBCD soon.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
We're going to license WinPE from MS and make available ready-made EasyBCD bootable CDs, to make it easy for everyone to access the recovery options it provides. Almost there.