Chalk this up to pure stupidity

Or old age if you will. But I have..no idea what I'm doing. I've tried looking up guides, but I'm not sure of exactly what one I'm wanting to do, and it's just getting more and more confusing as I look at it. In fact, this is my third attempt at this, but I always give up, until now I decided I would come and ask for help.

I'm sure this is in the search, I have tried, but I don't even know how to word it. So here it goes..

I have two hard drives, one has windows 8 on it, and the other has windows 7. The one that has windows 7, I just recently bought, and threw windows on it. However, it will not boot if it's in there alone, so I was directed to this program. I need to put the boot from that drive to this one, of course, but I have no idea what I'm doing and I don't want to mess anything up. I appreciate any help I can get.

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
You must have installed Windows 7 with the Windows 8 drive still in correct? The reason you cant boot to just the Win7 drive is cause it is missing the boot information, it is stored on the Win8 Drive. You have to insert the Win7 disk with the Win7 drive only and attempt the steps to recover the boot loader.

Repairing the Windows Bootloader - EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki