Command Line

Start > Search Box > type: cmd

When cmd appears in Results above, right-click it and choose "Run as Administrator". Type in chkdsk C: /r (with the spaces as show & alter C to whatever if the disk letter is different) and click the Enter key or OK.
If it's the volume that you happen to be logged into right now you will get an error that the volume is in use, proceed at next boot Y/N (or words to that effect) - type Y and click the Enter key.
Exit the Command Prompt by typing in Exit
Reboot and it should proceed.

Sorry for the confusion. Let me start from the beginning. I have a desk top that will not boot. I purchased the Windows Recovery from Neosmart. I booted with the Cd and chose the repair option. I am trying to use the EasyRE Command Line to do a chkdsk. It says command not found. When opening the command line, all that is in it is sh-4.2#. Prior to running the recovery cd, I could boot in safe mode. Now, the PC will try to boot, shut down, try to boot, shut down, and continue to do this as long as it has power. So, i thought I would try chkdsk from the recovery cd, but cannot get it to operate. I hope this makes since. Remember, I cannot boot the PC. I can boot from the cd drive and use the recovery cd I bought.

Then in that case I apologise because I misunderstood.

As I've never used those disks I don't know the answer. Someone else had a similar problem here and was asked to check if Numlock was on, I assume that can cause this.

Hopefully someone else here might or you should contact support as per the Wiki:

https://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EasyRE/Contact+Support

or alternatively email support@systemdiscs.com

Addendum

The email address in the Wiki is the latest one but either will reach support.

Back