Computer Only Boots If Both Hard-Drives Are Connected At Same Time

notly1988

When I first installed the EasyBCD, I made the mistake of selecting my C Drive, then clicked no in the menu when it displayed. I realized I made the mistake when I tried to boot just from my Win.7 HD. The computer's Win.7 will not boot unless I have the Vista HD also connected to the motherboard.

I clicked F10 to enter settings(Boot) with just the Win.7 connected. There is not a W7 even listed. The only choice to boot from is the Vista HD. I did the same with both HD's and both are displayed as to which device to boot from. But I am concerned that if I make the W7 the first boot, it will never boot up again even if the Vista is connected.

I tried different solutions such as uninstalling the EasyBCD software. And restoring computer to before I made those changes.

My question is, how can I get it back to just booting from W7 without the Visa HD connected?

I would appreciate any ideas or solutions.
Thank you in advance.

EasyBCD is not an active part of your system. It does nothing during boot (or any other time, unless you start it and ask it to add, delete or modify something in your BCD)
Uninstalling it will make absolutely no difference to your PC (except give you back the small bit of space it was occupying on your HDD).
The only way to fix any mistake you made using it, is to use it again and undo whatever you did wrong, and make the change you intended correctly.

What exactly did you do ?
clicked no in the menu when it displayed
Which menu ?
This is how to use EasyBCD
EasyBCD Basics

Back