Deleted drive thinking it was not useful, now can't boot

Jouleskeys

My main HD is a: and have a c: which I don't use at all. The c: was once the main drive, though I put a new version of windows into a: years ago then setup easybcd for booting between the 2 drives. I dont need the c: and so attempted to delete it.

Since deleting as much as I could from c: I now cannot boot into the system at all, it seems to try and load up and old version of windows then goes through a recery process, being unable to fix it.

I have been using Backblaze for all drives, so assume I can get whatever files are missing that are of use, however following fiddling about with the c: permissions, am unable to apply files.

If there is a way to simply get the a: to boot directly, that would be the ideal solution. I have no idea how to do this and dont know if it will fix the problem? I am in hope

Help, please! Most appreciated if we can get this working as this is my work machine

Last edited:
Your C: drive would have contained the boot files.
When you added the newer Windows, it would have added an entry into the BCD for C: (and upgraded the level of bootmgr, if A: was a newer version of Windows than C: )
You need to repair the boot files on A: with your installation DVD
Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD

Back