Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter

willotpc

Hi over there. I need your help

Looking for a way to migrate from windows 7 to windows 8.1, I (having a very basic notion of computers in general) decided to follow a method I saw on the internet. So I:
  1. Downloaded windows 8.1 (iso) from Microsoft website
  2. Created a third partition where I put the files extracted (via Winrar) from the Iso
  3. Used easy BCD to install Windows from the third partition
So I installed the OS with no problem. Used for the rest of the night. Re-stared it several times. So I used EasyBCD to delete the dual boot option (I'm sorry I don't remember the process). And used Aomei partition to fuse that third partition to a second one (recently formatted) that I formerly used to keep personal files and important programs. Restarted the system normally and kept using the computer. By 3 am I switched it off the system. In the morning when I turned it back on: Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter.
I have the installation DVD for Windows 7 and used it to access the recovery options. Nothing helped me there. I used some tips using CMD and nothing helped me either.

If you guys know anything about the mess I've done, please help me.

Thank you all in advance

Created a third partition where I put the files extracted (via Winrar) from the Iso
You don't extract files from an ISO.
You burn it as-is to a DVD or USB stick to make a bootable drive and install the OS by booting that.
Given that, I don't know how anything subsequent you describe could have resulted in a running 8.1 OS, so I'm at a loss to explain why it stopped working when I don't understand how it ever started.
It sounds like you need an 8.1 installation disc (step 2 as I described) to boot and run "Repair your computer" > "Startup repair"
The W7 installation DVD will not suffice because it will not recognize the W8.1 winload.exe as genuine (failure with "invalid Digital Signature")

Back