Dual boot of two Win 10 Installations take too long to boot

schupi

Hello everybody,

i'm new here and I have a question to easybcd. I have established a dual-boot between two win 10 installations (productiv and test system) recently. System runs on uefi mode. Everything works fine so far until of the facts that the boot time take too long. The system starts fast til the moment I have to choose my os that I want to start. After my decision which os I want to start it takes more than 30 seconds until my keyboard and mouse gets recognised and then the system start within few seconds into my desktop. That didn't happen before I have edited my start entrys via easybcd. This happens with both systems and anytime no matter if I do a restart or new start.

Has anybody an idea what I can do to get rid of this problem?

Thanks in advance

Copy/Paste your EasyBCD "view settings" data.
When does this 30 wait take place ?
Before you make a choice or after ?

Hello Terry60,

thanks for your reply. The 30 seconds wait takes place after i did make my choice.

With EasyBCD "view settings" you mean this or not?

1601018908227.png

Thanks for your help.

Hi Terry60,

yes I've read this before I have written my post. But in my case I don't have any boot error problems or something like that. I just have the problem that it takes too long to boot. I have disabled my fast boot option anyway, because I want to have a clean fresh start when i make an update or something like that and with a ssd the waiting time is usually not a big deal.

It looks for me that the time to detect the keyboard and mouse takes to long, because when that has happend everything runs fast.

Do you have any other idea to solve the problem?

No I've never seen that problem. My PC starts to boot whichever choice I make (W10 or W7) straight away.
It's not a problem caused by EasyBCD. All that does is manage the BCD contents, it's not active during the actual boot at all.
Have you tried disconnecting everything USB except the keyboard and mouse ?

Yes I've tried disconnecting everything USB except the keyboard and mouse, but it doesn't make a different, boot time is still too long. I'm not sure that the problem is not caused by EasyBCD. The issue has just began after i edited my boot entries with EasyBCD. Furthermore the original blue boot menu has also be changed into this dos like menu. Anyway can you tell me how i can switch back to the original WIN10 boot menu, without crashing my system?

Thank you.

Tick the "Use Metro" box in EasyBCD "Edit Boot Menu" (That's what MS used to call the GUI before someone sued for trademark infringement)

I try that already but it doesn't change anything in terms of the boot time. The only thing that changed is that i now have the waiting time of approximately 30 seconds before i get the boot menu (now the blue MS GUI). I don't understand that I mean I have a fast gaming pc with an SSD an so on the boot time until i can see my login screen is close to 2 minutes that's definitely to long and that happens with both systems.

Any further ideas?

Have you looked in the event log to see what the PC is actually doing during that time ?
If there's a clutch of informational error messages, it might point to what's causing the delay.

Back