Dual Boot Win 10&11, separate Drives, GPT,UEFI

Moparman

I would like to use EasyBCD to set up dual boot on this system.
System;

Asus Intel 690 chipset MB using secure boot and UEFI, Intel i7-12700 processor, separate PCI-E 3.0 Graphics Card

2 NVMe m.2 drives, both GPT.

1 drive is Win 10 Pro (Disk 0), second is Win 11 Pro (Disk 1) - (I want to test Win 11 before I convert the Win 10 drive).
When I run EasyBCD – I can not see both drives and therefore can not set up Dual Boot.
Should this be possible?
I am able to dual boot if I catch the BIOS with the F8 key and select which drive to boot and I can see both from Windows Disk Manager. I have read thru the help file and did think that any of the 3 options would fix this.

Thanks very much for your help and I am looking forward to your help.

When I run EasyBCD – I can not see both drives
What exactly do you mean ?
Do you mean there is only one OS in the boot menu ?
You should boot into W11 and add an entry into its BCD pointing to W10 on whatever letter W11 explorer is calling the W10 SSD
Don't try adding W11 to the W10 BCD.
I'm not using W11 (yet- MS won't support it on this PC and I've no interest in letting my backup laptop get out of sync by updating that alone) so I have no experience of it, but I've no reason to expect that MS has changed its rule that an older Windows bootmgr will not recognize a newer Windows loader. i.e. the newer windows must always be in charge of the boot process.

I was able to use EasyBCD to setup the dual boot in Win11. Had to switch BIOS to boot from the Win11 disk first and set the Default Boot Drive to Win10 in the BCD.

I was able to use EasyBCD to setup the dual boot in Win11. Had to switch BIOS to boot from the Win11 disk first and set the Default Boot Drive to Win10 in the BCD.
I had the same problem with Windows 10 64Bit on one drive and Windows 10 32Bit on a second drive. By setting the 32Bit version as the boot drive in bios it now works and I can select either drive in the boot select menu.
Previous I received the missing file error if the 64Bit drive was set as default in BIOS and the 32 bit version selected from the boot menu.

Back