Easy-BCD break Vista 64 Bit BCD

Arny006

When I tray to store settings with Easy-BCD Vista tell me that a

"severe error is occurred, Windows will start in one minute, save your work and files"

By rebbot Vista don't find boot-information and I have to restore BCD with RE.

After the second Boot-attemp Vista has disabled: Skype, USB-drives, Scanner, printer. Like rebbot in safety-mode. Then reccommend to make a disk-scan & repair.

Only after this step I can reactivate everything again and work normally.

Was forced to uninstall Easy-BCD completly. A reinstall cause the same error. No way-out?

Seeing other issue since Easy-BCD handle with Grub2 and sure to cannot address anymore my grub-standalone-partition, I would prefere to:

Attemp one:
Modify BCD with Vista own tools to address to my grub2-standalone-partition.

Attemp two (my preferred):
Modify BCD with Vista own tools to address directly to Linux-OS-partition

Thanks in advance to everyone can help me. Arny

Last edited:
Easy-BCD 2.2. The error come as soon I tray to store any change. Looking in the Vista protokoll saying application error "Easy-BCD".

At beginning install 2.2 that point to the fist linux-os and not to grueb-partition, uninstall it, and install 2.1. By trying to recove an old backup, braking everythink.
Uninstall 2.1 and install 2.2 don't help anymore.

Addendum 1

Level = Error, Source = .NET Runtime, Event-ID = 1026, Output category = None

That from general descrition, sorry only German, but maybe help anyway:
Code:
Anwendung: EasyBCD.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.NullReferenceException
Stapel:
   bei ..(System.Exception)
   bei ..(System.Object, System.Threading.ThreadExceptionEventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.OnThreadException(System.Exception)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG ByRef)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   bei ..()

Last edited:
Can you attach a ZIP of the BCD backup created by EasyBCD from the Backup/Restore page to this thread?

I think the problem is solved.
On the Raid 0+1 was also Kubuntu besides of Vista. Linux cannot handle BIOS_RAID and for-all Raid 0+1 properly. That break everything.
Kubuntu is put out of Raid-array and everything is better.
I dissolve the raid and create a new one. On the RAID 0+1 is Now "Vista U 64" and "W7 U 64". While start Linux (situated on additional HDD) through Easy-BCD is better but I had two times a degraded raid although I didn't used it.
Strange behavior but out of topic here.

Thanks again and best regards.

Back