EasyBCD improperly installed in Windws 10

Piettro

Hello there:
Would you be so kind as to help me with this problem?
The installation of EasyBCD either went wrong or was incompatible with previously installed software.
I uninstalled it with REVO, but it stayed on nontheless.
I tried to go back to a previous restore point unsuccessfully.
I was forced to reinstall Windows 10 -a resetting, not a clean installation.
Despite the deleting of all the apps from outside Windows, EasyBCD persisted, although not working properly.
I need to delete and unistall it completely in order to reinstall it from scratch.
In 2 other computers owned by acquaintances-with Windows 7 and 10- EasyBCD runs smoothly, works perfectly well.

Thanks in advance.

EasyBCD is just a .NET Windows application. It is not part of the system and takes no part in booting the OS. It just helps you manage the contents of the Windows bootmgr's BCD store.
Whether it's installed or not has no more effect on booting, running or restoring your PC than e.g. Notepad or Solitaire.
If you've used EasyBCD or any other resource to change the contents of the BCD in such a way as to make your system unbootable, then uninstalling it is the last thing you want to do and won't undo whatever you did wrong, it will just remove the very resource you need to undo and correct whatever you mistakenly did with it.
You don't
need to delete and unistall it completely in order to reinstall it from scratch
You need to USE it to correct whatever you did wrong.
Having said that, I've no idea why you are having trouble uninstalling it, It'll install and uninstall with ease and has no need for Revo, there's nothing it does that needs cleaning out of the registry. It's a completely portable app which only has a registry entry at all because of the installer utility. You can simply copy the .exe to a new PC and it'll work just fine.
I think you probably mean that the changes you made with it didn't disappear when you uninstalled it which is exactly the same as if you uninstalled Word. It would not undo all the document changes you made with it before you uninstalled it.
What exactly is wrong that set you down this path ?

EasyBCD is just a .NET Windows application. It is not part of the system and takes no part in booting the OS. It just helps you manage the contents of the Windows bootmgr's BCD store.
Whether it's installed or not has no more effect on booting, running or restoring your PC than e.g. Notepad or Solitaire.
If you've used EasyBCD or any other resource to change the contents of the BCD in such a way as to make your system unbootable, then uninstalling it is the last thing you want to do and won't undo whatever you did wrong, it will just remove the very resource you need to undo and correct whatever you mistakenly did with it.
You don't

Having said that, I've no idea why you are having trouble uninstalling it, It'll install and uninstall with ease and has no need for Revo, there's nothing it does that needs cleaning out of the registry. It's a completely portable app which only has a registry entry at all because of the installer utility. You can simply copy the .exe to a new PC and it'll work just fine.
I think you probably mean that the changes you made with it didn't disappear when you uninstalled it which is exactly the same as if you uninstalled Word. It would not undo all the document changes you made with it before you uninstalled it.
What exactly is wrong that set you down this path ?

Maybe I didn't explain myself well. The version I downloaded was the standard one -not the portable one- so it was installed in the hard drive. For a reason unknown to me it did not work. It was not able to boost the PC from any store device previously verified as bootable in other PC. Most certainly the problem lies in the PC itself.
After the unistallation and then the resetting, EasyBCD options continue to appear. The Windows 10 option is the only one that works. As it is, it is a kind of innocuous and useless ornament that delays the booting of an old PC that, per se, is exasperatingly slow. Otherwise, no other drawback. It does not adversely affect the PC performance in any other way.
I mistakenly opted for private requests. I did not mean that, quite the reverse. How can I change that? English is not my mother tongue.

I didn't say that there is a portable version. I said that the standard EasyBCD, although it uses the Windows installer for convenience, is in fact completely portable.
You said "EasyBCD options continue to appear."
What do you mean?
Please be specific. There are no "EasyBCD options" except inside EasyBCD when you execute it.
Do you mean BCD entries you created with EasyBCD are still in the MS bootmgr boot menu ?
If that's what you're referring to I told you that uninstalling EasyBCD doesn't undo changes you made with it. Only USING it to reverse the changes can remove them
You don't

What I mean is that whenever I turn the PC on, and as part of the process previous to the boot, Easy BCD options appear,. It works, but just to let Windows to boot.
I undestand it is not in the hard drive because it shows up before the hard drive boots. Where else, then? In the BIOS? As far as I know the BIOS - from 2011-does not have the ability to record anything but its updates. Maybe I am completely wrong.

CAM00710.jpg

I mistakenly opted for private requests. I did not mean that, quite the reverse. How can I change that? I do want to participate in the forums. English is not my mother tongue.

Is "Extension de BIOS da EasyBCD" a BCD entry you added and gave it that name ?
If so, just use EasyBCD to delete the entry if you no longer want it.

A BCD entry I added and gave it that name? What do you mean by that? I just installed EasyBCD. And then:
The installation of EasyBCD either went wrong or was incompatible with previously installed software.
I uninstalled it with REVO, but it stayed on nonetheless.
I tried to go back to a previous restore point unsuccessfully.
I was forced to reinstall Windows 10 -a resetting, not a clean installation.
Despite the deleting of all the apps from outside Windows, EasyBCD persists although not working properly.
When I claim EasyBCD persists, I am referring to this software with the blue background and its 2 options. Nothing else! I don't even know where this program is located. since it shows up before the hard drive starts.
What do you mean by "just use EasyBCD to delete the entry"? I am quite in the dark.

The blue boot menu is Microsoft bootmgr's GUI boot menu.
It has nothing to do with EasyBCD.
It's there whether you install EasyBCD, uninstall EasyBCD or never even heard of EasyBCD.
EasyBCD is a Windows application, not a part of the boot manager.
You can install EasyBCD, run EasyBCD and use it to add to, alter or delete those entries you see in the blue (Metro) menu.
You don't seem to understand what EasyBCD is or how to use it to alter the options for future boots.
I suggest you read the wiki documentation with Google translate

Back