EasyBCD Won't Start

I have been dealing with a dual boot problem with WIN 10 Ver 19041.172 3/10/2020 and Win 8.1. I downloaded EasyBCD and it worked fine but I could not get my system to dual boot properly. Long story short, I tried many things and finally used the Native BCDedit (within Windows) and was able to get the system to Boot normally via UEFI. However, now EasyBCD does not work. I get the error screen (see below) and my system locks up,. Have to use task manager to shut off EasyBCD. If I use the BCDEdit Command it reflects proper data for the Boot Manager and the two boot loaders, one for Win 10 and one for Win 8.1.
I have been emailing NeoSmart tech but all they tell me is to pay of their Easy Recovery Essentials.

1586030683279.png

Peter,
Thank you for your reply. Your link to EasyBCD and UEFI has been read several times since I got the EasyBCD. EasyBCD was working fine and I was finally able to dual boot win10 and win 8.1 properly. For some unknown reason the EasyBCD now gives me the error message and locks up my computer. That's it.
The BCD is the same as before this occurred. I rebuilt BCD and it is working fine as before and I see no changes in the content. See attached below which is my current BCD.
So...now what?Annotation 2020-04-06 132105.png

Last edited:
Have you been using any Registry Cleaners lately? They can cause this exact issue and not just with Neosmart products.
You could try uninstalling/reinstalling EasyBCD.

I do use a Registry Cleaner. I uninstalled and re-installed EasyBCD ver 2.4, three or four times since this problem began. Prolblem pesists.

capnbob

See if you can restore Windows to before this started then, using System Restore, or see if that registry cleaner can reverse the last operation or two.
Cease using it as it is guaranteed to wreck any Windows installation despite what bullshit claims they may have.

If I do a restore I will have to practically rebuild my system which is nearly new and do not want to spend the time starting from scratch. I doubt if it will help.
I did install EasyBCD on my Win 8.1 partition and it duplicates the error which I have on Win 10. So for now I will wait and see as I have seen other messages stating my error problem after install EasyBCD ver 2.4.

Back