EasyRE for Windows 8 only wants to recover Windows 7

theoldman

I have finally been able to create a bootable DVD from "EasyREfor Windows 8"

However, when "Easy Recover Essentials" Linux page appears, and I select "Automated Repair", the only Windows selection is "Windows 7(C:smile:", and when selected, a message appears in that window which says:

"The selected partition cannot be recovered with this CD. You must use EasyRE for Windows 7 instead. Please select a different drive to continue."

When purchased, this computer came with Windows 8, which I upgraded to Windows 8.1 within a year of ownership.

Why can I not recover my Windows 8? I still remain locked out booting this computer in Windows.

theoldman

Support for EasyRE is by email to the address on the download page unless you're lucky enough to find another end-user on here who's had a similar problem.
I have never used EasyRE but it sounds like your problem might be that the partition containing W8 has become corrupted and unreachable.
Does it show as RAW when viewed from W7 ?
If so, there is another tool (TestDisk) bundled on the EasyRE system which might help you.
Do a web search and research how to use it if you need to try recovering a lost partition.

Back