Get rid of boot menu

Neil Murphy

I used EasyBCD after I had recovered the Win 7 part of my problem. There was a problem with the Linux part of the problem. EasyBCD (or if it was invoking Grub) could not find a piece.I have deleted Linux. I uninstalled EasyBCD in large part out of curiosity. I wanted to see if it would restore things to the pre-install state. The answer is NO. I am still getting the EasyBCD boot menu. This is a nit, but I am a nit picker. Nothing I've done so far has had any impact. If I install Win 10, I will probably re-install EasyBCD.

Do you have any suggestions for getting rid of the boot menu? I do have a partition that is for data.

There's no such thing as EasyBCD boot menu.
EasyBCD is not a boot manager, it just helps you manage the MS bootmgr's BCD store with a GUI rather than the MS supplied commmand line utility.
If you use EasyBCD to add/delete/modify an entry in the BCD, that change will endure for ever unless you undo what you did with further instructions .
It does not matter whether EasyBCD is uninstalled or not. The only way toremove an entry you previously added is to use EasyBCD again to reverse what you did before.

There's no such thing as EasyBCD boot menu.
EasyBCD is not a boot manager, it just helps you manage the MS bootmgr's BCD store with a GUI rather than the MS supplied commmand line utility.
If you use EasyBCD to add/delete/modify an entry in the BCD, that change will endure for ever unless you undo what you did with further instructions .
It does not matter whether EasyBCD is uninstalled or not. The only way toremove an entry you previously added is to use EasyBCD again to reverse what you did before.
======================
Thanks!

Back