[HELP!!!] Win 7 and Fedora 14

Plug Gulp

Hi,

I installed Fedora 14 on a Win 7 laptop using Fedora 14 64bit Live USB. The disk partitions are as follows (There is only one SSD disk of size 160GB in the laptop):

Windows 60GB
Linux Boot 500MB
Logical Partition 90GB
---Data 70GB
---Fedora LVM 20GB
------Root 5GB
------Home 10GB
------Swap 5GB
Windows System 150 MB
Unused 161 MB

While installing Linux I selected "Encrypt" disk option. I installed the Linux bootloader on the Linux Boot partition. I checked that a directory "grub" is present on Linux Boot partition. Then I rebooted the laptop. As expected the laptop booted into Windows 7 without any boot menu for selecting Windows or Fedora. Then using Windows Disk Management I assigned a drive letter to Windows System partition. After that I installed EasyBCD 2.0.2.117. Using EasyBCD I added new bootloader entry as follows:

1. Clicked on "Add New Entry"
2. Selected "Linux/BSD" tab.
3. Selected Type as "GRUB (Legacy)"
4. Selected Device as "Partition 3 (Linux - 500 MiB)"
5. Changed Name from "NeoSmart Linux" to "Fedora 14"
6. Clicked "Add Entry"

Clicked on "View Settings" to verify the entries of the bootloader. Following are the entries:
=====================================================
There are a total of 2 entries listed in the bootloader.

Default: Windows 7
Timeout: 30 seconds
Boot Drive: E:\

Entry #1
Name: Windows 7
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #2
Name: Fedora 14
BCD ID: {3939c78c-f901-11df-bfbe-705ab6b138b6}
Drive: E:\
Bootloader Path: \NST\nst_linux.mbr
=====================================================

I checked that the Windows System partition i.e. E drive has the folder NST. Under that folder there is only one file nst_linux.mbr. After verifying the folder I removed the drive letter assigned to the Windows System partition using Windows Disk Management. Then I rebooted the laptop. Now I was able to see boot menu with two menu items: "Windows 7" and "Fedora 14". Selecting Windows 7 boots the laptop with Win7 oerating system but selecting "Fedora 14" brings up a blank screen. This blank screen is there for a second or so and the laptop does a POST and returns to the boot menu.

How do I boot into Fedora 14? What might be the issue with the above steps that I followed to make my laptop dual-boot?

Thanks and regards,

~Ajit

Back