Help with making USB bootable

Hi all,

So, I've been following the NeoSmart guide on how to make a USB bootable with EasyBCD: Making an EasyRE Recovery USB

Annoyingly, when I got to step 5 the ISO option was blacked out so I was not able to edit the required fields. Any ideas why this might be please?

Thanks in advance.

Did you note the box in the first paragraph ?
Try
Creating a bootable USB with Easy USB Creator
It's simpler than using EasyBCD.

Thank you. Unfortunately I've downloaded EasyUSB and I still can't get it to work correctly. When the green bar is almost at the end it states 'Unable to install bootloader to the USB drive! Error: access to the path 'D:\bootmgr' is denied.' As my username suggests, I'm a complete novice, is there a way around this error?

Are you logged on as an administrator? because it sounds like your PC is trying to protect its assets against an unauthorized user.
I won't go into giving yourself permission(s) to the device here because it's long and fiddly to describe, but I'm willing to bet there are a thousand Youtube videos that will take you through the process. (Even admin users are sometimes denied access to resources by the OS, but you can give yourself authority if you are admin)

I'm definitely the Administrator. Do you know what I could search for on YouTube to get the relevant videos please?

Also, I assumed it was an issue with the USB settings rather than my laptop itself as it mentions D drive permissions?

Unknown issue,
When making a bootable usb, using the usb creator, having the usb formatted FAT32, th process disappears afte selection the iso and the drive. The progress/proces box pops-up, progress bar moves left<>righ at high speed a few times an then is disappears. The activity light on my pc blinks, but nothing happens.
I even tried iyt on the direct usb port of the MB.
It looks like it works, but booting from usb leads to 'no system' error
I run a Windows 10 Pro N on a HP machine.

Try also free Rufus - it auto detects settings and whether UEFI/MBR etc. Try default first to run it. Also can drag the ISO to it to easily make the boot USB.

Back