How can I repair the corrupt Hyper-V VMDK files?

Travis_26

Recently I realized that there has been some corrupt VMDK files in the fixed virtual machine disk. I consulted with some experts they recommended to opt for a reliable software solution available online.I have gone through the free trial version of the Cigati VMDK Recovery Tool that was quite impressive as it offers several useful features. However, I am not sure about the reliablity of such utility. Can anyone share his experience regarding this issue? I am quite confuse whether I should opt for such utility or is there any other solution that is more reliable.

Solution 1: Repair using Command Lines
Type cmd in the Search Box, or use Win+R keys and enter cmd to open Command Prompt application.
Navigate to the location where you install VMware.
Type the following command: vmware-vdiskmanager-R"the qualified path to the corrupt VMDK file”
Press Enter.

www.myfortiva.com
Solution 2: Repair by restoring VM from backups
Implementing frequent backups in advance has always been the most effective solution to repair any file or system corruption issue. You can use Vinchin Backup & Recovery to setup a complete VMware VM backup plan through a centralized web-based console.

Thanks,

VMDK file corruption can cause a lot of trouble, and it's essential to address the issue quickly to minimize data loss. While there are many software solutions available online, it's important to choose a reliable and trustworthy tool to repair the corrupt VMDK files.
The Cigati VMDK Recovery Tool is a popular solution that has received positive reviews from users. However, it's always a good idea to do your own research and check out reviews from multiple sources before making a final decision.
Another solution to repair corrupt VMDK files is to use the VMware utility called "vmkfstools." This tool can help you repair minor file system errors and even recover some lost data. However, for more severe VMDK file corruption, a third-party tool like Cigati VMDK Recovery may be necessary.
It's important to keep in mind that VMDK file corruption can be a complex issue, and it's best to consult with experts to determine the best course of action for your specific situation. Additionally, it's always a good idea to create regular backups of your virtual machines to avoid data loss due to file corruption or other issues.

VMDK file corruption can cause a lot of trouble, and it's essential to address the issue quickly to minimize data loss. While there are many software solutions available online, it's important to choose a reliable and trustworthy tool to repair the corrupt VMDK files.
The Cigati VMDK Recovery Tool is a popular solution that has received positive reviews from users. However, it's always a good idea to do your own research and check out reviews from multiple sources before making a final decision.
Another solution to repair corrupt VMDK files is to use the VMware utility called "vmkfstools." This tool can help you repair minor file system errors and even recover some lost data. However, for more severe VMDK file corruption, a third-party tool like Cigati VMDK Recovery may be necessary.
It's important to keep in mind that VMDK file corruption can be a complex issue, and it's best to consult with experts to determine the best course of action for your specific situation. Additionally, it's always a good idea to create regular backups of your virtual machines to avoid data loss due to file corruption or other issues.
May this information useful for you. H‑E‑B Partner Login

Repair using Command Lines
  1. Type cmd in the Search Box, or use Win+R keys and enter cmd to open Command Prompt application.
  2. Navigate to the location where you install VMware.
  3. Type the following command: vmware-vdiskmanager-R"the qualified path to the corrupt VMDK file”

Hope it helps to anyone..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back