I have a penguin showing up on my computer!

I bought Easy RE, downloaded the ISO, downloaded Active ISO burner, burned the ISO as a bootable CD and then booted up my Lenovo Ideapad Y 850 using the Easy RE bootable CD. The computer started to have a string of text fly by until it finally stopped.

It shows a penguin on the top left of the screen
md:... autorun DONE
VFS: Cannot open root device "null" or unknown block (0,0)
Please append a correct "root" boot option; here are the available partitions:
0800 8192 sda driver:sd
0810 62522712 sdb driver:sd

etc etc until it comes to:
kernel panic - not syncing:VFS:Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (0,0)
Pid: 1, comm:swapper Not tainted 2.6.37-slitaz #5
Call trace:
[<c15900db>] ? printk+0xf/0x11
[<c158ffd1>] panic +0x50/0x14b
[<c1834b63>] mount_block_root+0x1e5/0x1f9

and so on and so on!!

I am unable to even use the Easy RE I just bought!!! HELP!!!! I have attached a pic of what the screen shows me. Please help.

Attachments

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
Contact
sales@systemdiscs.com
with details of your PC for a different version of the ISO.

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
No.
The standard download (afaik) is configured to be compatible with the highest number of possible hardware configurations, but those on which it won't boot can be accommodated by a different non-standard download.

No.
The standard download (afaik) is configured to be compatible with the highest number of possible hardware configurations, but those on which it won't boot can be accommodated by a different non-standard download.
Thanks, Terry. I am still waiting for them to email me with an alternative.

Thanks, Terry. I am still waiting for them to email me with an alternative.
Terry
I received the alternative file. I followed all instructions (I think). My drive is D: not C: I had to md a directory called boot before I could follow all the instructions.

I even followed the detailed cmd prompt instructions given.

However, when I try to start the computer, I get a screen from WIndows Boot Manager that basically says
Windows failed to start, A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

Now what do I do? Please help. Thanks.