Insert Windows Installation Media (Adding .WIM entry)

• Thread starter Deleted member 149856
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 149856

I have been using your software for a very long time, I can say it's one of the best out there that do the job very well!
Unfortunately I've been headed to this issue which seems to prompt me with an error:
screenshot1.jpg

I'm using a .iso image from internet that has Windows 7 32-bit Service Pack 1 on there, it has all the features needed when I've installed it in VirtualBox
and it only takes 2.5GB+ of the Hard Disk space and the reason why I want to do this is to install this version of Windows 7 on my friends old laptop
that doesn't have much hard disk space! Am I supposed to use a original CD? Because I don't want that! That would be the FULL which would probably
take up more than 2.5GB of space which what I don't want to.

Here I have a video if that can help you guys: Insert Windows Installation Media - EasyBCD 2.1 ... and I've followed this tutorial: Install Windows 7 or Windows 8 from hard disk by launching the setup from Boot Menu.

So if anyone can find a way of fixing this and somehow patching this version of EasyBCD to bypass this check in the code?? that would be appreciated a lot!

Thanks in advance.

Replying in reference to an email

This dialog is prompting you to insert the Windows CD/DVD in order to copy one or two files from it - it absolutely does not take up much space on your PC at all as a result of this operation. If you have the ISO image, mount it as a virtual CD drive. On Windows 10, this functionality is available out-of-the-box (just double-click on the .ISO and it'll mount it and open the virtual drive). On previous versions of Windows you can use any of the myriad of virtual CD/DVD programs. I used to use Virtual CloneDrive: RedFox Virtual CloneDrive | CD Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back