It All Started With ERROR CODE 800F020B

Hikermann

Distinguished Member
Windows 7:

Checked in at Windows Update and found two that needed to be done; ran the usual "update" click and then was presented with Error Code 800F020B -- which, from a www search appears to be a regular little the-gift-that-keeps-on-giving-all-year-long that Microsoft bestows on people. . .

So: One of the online solutions was to go to MS (Download Debug Diagnostic Tool v2 Update 2 from Official Microsoft Download Center) and download Debug Diagnostic Tool v2 Update 2, which I did.

However: When attempting to run the downloaded .exe file, the attached warning popped up.

Why: Please, do tell, should a supposedly "official" download from an official MS website show up with a BEWARE of this download message? (I'm not even interested in attempting to navigate through MS's swamp of imaginary online "support" and "help" offerings because I have other things to do for the next day-and-a-half!)

Any info about whether it's safe to just pass by the BEWARE popup?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• MS.jpg
    MS.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 2
The code that produced the warning presumably cannot check the origin of the file, so it's asking you if you're happy where you got it from.
If you're confident that you got it directly from MS, you can just let it go ahead, or belt and braces, scan it with your virus checker first.

Ah, if only life offered many more Very Clear Warning Signs, huh?! Thanks for your response. Appreciated.

Hope it's a good 2019 fer'ya. . . .

Back