Junk Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mausebaer

Distinguished Member
Since a couple of months the Neosmart Forum seems to be abused as publicity vehicle... I'm receiving junk mail, e.g. the following:

######################################################################################################
NeoSmart Forums
ccffefd17 posted a new thread to a forum you are watching at NeoSmart Forums.
Plastic Shuttering Panel suppliers
常问问题
你是制造商吗?
是的,我们是。我们的公司,Lanke,专业从事PVC模板超过4年。
你的交货时间多长?
收到T / T押金后7~10天内。
3.你的最小起订量是多少?
最小起订量:100件
4.我怎样才能得到一些样品?
样品可用,样品费用免费,而快递费用由客户支付
5.您的工厂如何处理质量控制?
我们非常专业地制造这种产品。
我们100%负责我们的产品塑料模板供应商
网址:http://www.boto-plastics.com/construction-board/
View this thread
Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.
This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the forum "BugCentral" at NeoSmart Forums with email notification of new threads or messages. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this forum or disable all emails.
Visit NeoSmart Forums
#######################################################################################################

Can anybody stop this?

Thanks a lot for explainig me this...

Wolfgang

All forums are invaded by spamming SEOs who attempt to get their websites high on search engine's priority lists by maximizing the number of times the SE crawler bots find them.
We clean them out whenever we see them, but since this is a volunteer forum, not policed 24/7, they will inevitably spend some time successfully grabbing our bandwidth and achieving their desired ends.
We, the moderators, cannot avoid seeing them, but I suggest you turn off email notification if you're getting your inbox cluttered with them.

Junk Mail has to be dealt with by using either the tools in your own mail client or using a 3rd party mail filter in between you and your ISP.
Some research should find that for you.
Some spam gets through the filters, even on this website, which has a very sturdy filtering system in place.
That user was immediately banned for posting spam
Neosmart doesn't sell email addresses to anyone.
Meanwhile unsubscibe from Notifications here if you wish.

I somehow missed this, but it's actually not supposed to be the case.

At some point I had the boards configured so that new members (less than 2 or 3 days old with less than 2 or 3 posts) did not have permission to send private messages (among other things) to prevent exactly this.

I'm not sure how/when it happened, but presumably with some upgrade along the way this configuration was lost. I've just enabled it again, hopefully it'll work.

I also prevented new users (falling into the category described above) from setting a signature or creating profile posts, which hopefully will alleviate some of the spam issues, too.

This is a personal problem reported by one customer in particular over a year ago so I am locking this to further posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back