Just installed EasyBCD - 2 questions for you.

wilburdee

Hello - new here and have 2 questions about easybcd.
1. I didn't opt for the desktop icon when I installed and now I can't find easybcd. It doesn't seem to be in the Vista start menu. Is this normal ?

2. I was already dual booting Vista HP 64 and XP Pro using the MS default
menu when I installed easybcd so I basically accecepted easybcd defaults.
( dual boot with each OS on its own drive)
Is this the right way to use easybcd ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Hi wilburdee, welcome to NST.

1) EasyBCD can be found in the Start Menu | NeoSmart Technologies | EasyBCD folder

2) EasyBCD does not replace the Windows bootloader, it only enhances it and enriches it with support for different systems.

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
What do you want to do with EasyBCD ?
It's not an active part of your system.
Having it installed, or even having it started; it will still not be taking any part in the booting or the running of your system.
It's a passive app which you can use to make changes to the MS Vista/7 BCD, if you require any.
Think of it like Wordpad or Notepad. It just sits there doing nothing unless you ask it to perform a task. (like rename/reorder the boot menu entries, add a new OS to the boot menu etc etc etc.)

wilburdee

Thanks for both your replies. Shortly after I first posted I did indeed find the start menu entry.
Also, when I made that first post I hadn't tried rebooting yet because I was afraid that I would 'screw something up' if I didn't configure EasyBCD correctly.
Just now rebooted and wondered why I didn't see anything different .
I guess Terry60 just answered that for me.
I think I'll have to read up on this program a little more.