Lost dual boot option

Everything going fine until trying to move win10 to boot first over win7. When trying to move up, noticed that win7 was deleted. Nothing I can do will put it back. Seems like a simple mistake, but guess this old man has lost something. What can I do to get the dual option back? This is the way it is setup now:

There are a total of 3 entries listed in the bootloader.

Default: Windows 10
Timeout: 5 seconds
EasyBCD Boot Device: C:\

Entry #1
Name: Windows 10
BCD ID: {default}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #2
Name: Windows 7
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #3
Name: Macrium Reflect System Recovery
BCD ID: {390fdda6-af1e-11e5-814e-90fba68a3d58}

See my reply here
Lost direction to first partition (windows7 up graded to 10)
You've done the same thing.
W7 and W10 can't both be in the same place.
Tell W10 what letter W7 has in Explorer using EasyBCD "advanced options" to alter the drive letter for the incorrect entry.

That's just it, C: is partitioned and looking at both os's w/a partition program it shows:
C:\Acer(NTFS) is win7 listed as Primary, Active & Boot & System.
Acer(NTFS) is win10 as Primary. (There is no drive letter assigned)

Been fighting this since 2:30pm this afternoon and it is now 11:20pm. This old man is BUSHED, so will look for a reply tomorrow. Thank you for any help to solve this puzzle.

EDIT: Embarrassed to post, but this is known as a "Senior Moment". Got into bed, mind running crazy. Thought to myself that 10 HAS to have a drive letter. Came back in office, booted up and opened Macrium Reflect (a HUGE tush saver) and noticed it had assigned the drive letter "I" to w10. Entered that info into the program and EUREKA! All is well that ends well! :smile:

Last edited:
Back