OSX86 issue : how to customize chameleon RC4 used by easyBCD ????

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. I don't have a problem with any of the technical aspects, it's more about the volumes of research required to understand what OS X supports and doesn't, then the work that needs to be put in to emulate all the non-present hardware and firmware.

I think I am semi misunderstanding why you cant just have easybcd point to the mac bootloader because I have my windows on my primary hdd and mac os x on my secondary. Therefore I can have my windows bootloader on my main drive and any mac bootloader (chimera specifically) on the second without overwriting one or the other so I only need easybcd to point to the mac hdd efi boot partition and everything else I have installed will take care of itself and get me into os x with ease. So if easy bcd had an option for the user to select whether or not they have their os's on same disk or seperate disk I think you could ad the "pointer" I'm talking about for the multiple disk users. No for what I dont understand still is even if the two or 3 os's are on the same disk why does easybcd have to carry the burden of basically reengineering a bootloader to work correctly with os x instead of just allowing us to add whatever bootloader and extras folders we wish for our exact setup (most of us if not all have figured out exactly what works for us we just need easybcd to get us from windows bootloader to the bootloader of our choice. I read and tested the fact that easybcd uses the cdboot file instead of boot file from a user on here and thats why none of us could replace the boot file and boot using our own boot file. When I use iboot cdboot it works but when I use anval's cdboot it does not. I'm curious as to why so that maybe I can figure out how I need to get this done for me and share it with others if I find a solution. I'm also trying to figure out why I cant edit the preboot image in iboot to add what I need then reinject it back into the iso to use with easybcd. This is for my own knowledge I'm not trying to harp on you here, I understand you're busy. I like to understand things I'm trying to use.

You're right - EasyBCD *can* load a pre-installed bootloader; but unfortunately most people want a GUI tool that installs the entire boot loader for them.

There is also no unified way of loading *any* bootloader, so if person A is using iBoot, B is using Chameleon, C is using something else, and so on and so forth, EasyBCD would need to have these all manually added and supported in its code.

I see what you're saying now. I want to use it just as a pointer to my pre-installed boot loader on another drive like I said vs having easybcd do everything for me. It would be great if easy bcd could have these advanced options to search for a pre-installed boot loader other than windows and load it as well as have it coded to support and have user instructions on how to provide our own bootloader in a unifed form such as the iso one you're using if we so choose (need to in most cases). Just a few suggestions that would probably help some of us out. in the meantime im still going to try packaging my own preboot.dmg inside a bootable iso for now. I'll report back what I find out whether it works or not.

I'm more than open to any and all suggestions on this front. The problem is that I have never been able to procure a reliable testing base for OSx86 support, nor have I ever received replies on my questions posed to the developers of the various bootloaders.

If anyone has a reliable method that works *on all PCs* for a bootloader that can be deployed with EasyBCD and easily modified/configured, please let me know.

Back