Question about "unsigned drivers" setting

I have a problem. I just installed Windows 7 Pro, dual booting with Windows 10 Pro. I had to use EasyBCD to be able to boot. Now when I try to boot into Windows 10, it won't let me. The problem is with: C:\Windows\System32\winload.exe, the is: Status: 0xC0000428 and the error message is: "Windows cannot verify the Digital Signature for this file". I just read how to disable it in EasyBCD and I have set the Options on mine. How do I replace the winload.exe file with the corrected file, so I can login again?

After selecting the option to "Allow use of unsigned drivers on 64 bit Windows", I made some small changes and Saved them. I was able to go right to Windows 10. You might want to have that option checked automatically upon installing. This prevented me from getting into Windows 10 all night and causing much grief. I needed to do research on some problems with Windows 7 I was experiecing, but was unable to do it in Windows 7 until I fixed it. Still love your software though!

Your problem is not with EasyBCD,
It's the fact that WIndows will not allow loading of a newer bootloader from an older bootmanager. i.e. You should be booting W10 and adding W7 to its BCD not the other way round.
Using unsigned drivers is a facility for development levels of OSs during Beta testing and shouldn't be used on a final release system. (often the way malware grabs your OS)
Just alter your BIOS to boot from the W10 drive and use EasyBCD to add an entry for W7 and untick that driver option.

Back