Question about usage

Ryan11433

Since I have the repair CD (Professional Edition) by you (NeoSmart Technologies) and is this okay to use it on one of my other computer that uses win 7 pro? or do I need to pay other 39.75?

You need the version that matches the operating system you are about to use it on or else it will probably fail.

That's basically what it says in the Guides linked via the Neosmart Technologies link at the bottom right of this page.

There is a cheaper home version please note.

Last edited:
ok I'm thinking about to buy the Server Technicians Edition but it is expensive though but I'll get it one day because I have three PC and they are 2012, win 7 pro, and win 8.1 pro. I did buy the professional one for windows 8 first was just a test and it was necessary to use.

Last edited:
Yes I believe there is that covers everything, but as I've never used any I can't vouch for same. I assume they're top notch as Neosmart does strive to be the leader in this sort of thing.
That was a shameless plug for them on my part, I don't work for them..LOL

Yes I believe there is that covers everything, but as I've never used any I can't vouch for same. I assume they're top notch as Neosmart does strive to be the leader in this sort of thing.
That was a shameless plug for them on my part, I don't work for them..LOL

For now I might do another way to buy one in a time for Windows 8.1 (it was really necessary due to boot failures happening all the time) and the virus scan have found like five Trojan. The next I might end up buying the server edition because I really need it to fix the drive letters from D to C that is on RAID 10. Right now it is on RAID 5 that uses C and my programs uses C drive. (I did try to fix it using Disk Management few months ago after backing up the drive C then restoring to drive D that uses RAID 10 using Windows Server backup tools but errors after doing it with the drive letters)

Last edited:
I gave up using RAID years ago, too temperamental I found. That is a question for another thread elsewhere I think.

Back