Real-Time Help Needed?

grameswan

I need someone to walk me through the process of recovering Windows 7 on my file server in real-time. All data is on physically separate disks which have been physically removed from the server via hot-swap. The original Windows 7 environment is on two separate disks which were hardware RAID 1 from the MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard, but the RAID has been broken so they show as two separate disks of a slightly different size to my partitioning utility. I have been able to boot to a Windows installation and attempt a repair install, but that failed. I'm trying to avoid re-installing Windows 7 due to the amount of software installed in this image.

The environment was damaged when I temporarily installed a disk from an old computer into an available hot swap location in order to recover files from it, but I think that the system tried to boot from it because I stupidly did not watch the boot process to ensure a proper boot. I think it is Windows XP. I suspect that Windows itself is intact but that the boot configuration is screwed up, but I don't know that for a fact.

I have the professional edition of EasyRE, but I haven't been able to get it working. I need to get this going and stop wasting time with it. I'm hardly ignorant of these environments, but I rarely work at this level any more and I'm clearly rusty - thus the problem origin. I need someone with me virtually (or in-person if you are in the Boston area) to walk me through the process or to conclude that it's hopeless and I need to just re-install. I'm willing to pay for assistance. Please advise or message me directly. Thank you.

Back