Second Win10 OS on SSD will not start up properly.

cwrileyjr

I have one SSD with a working updated WINDOWS 10 OS. I have a second OS (WINDOWS 10 3D) on a separate old style drive that boots fine. I did a "partition backup" using EaseUS TDB of the WINDOWS 10 3D OS (no updates after 2/1/2021) then restored it to an UNALLOCATED portion of the SSD drive. .
Next, I ran BCDedit.exe to ADD the WINDOES 10 3D OS to the boot file so I would have two OS to choose from when starting my computer. The WINDOWS 10 boots fine! HOWEVER, the WINDOWS 10 3D starts to load then I get a small blue "O" and my mouse that never goes away.
I have used BCDEDIT before without any trouble. What may be wrong?

I have one SSD with a working updated WINDOWS 10 OS. I have a second OS (WINDOWS 10 3D) on a separate old style drive that boots fine. I did a "partition backup" using EaseUS TDB of the WINDOWS 10 3D OS (no updates after 2/1/2021) then restored it to an UNALLOCATED portion of the SSD drive. upsers.
Next, I ran BCDedit.exe to ADD the WINDOES 10 3D OS to the boot file so I would have two OS to choose from when starting my computer. The WINDOWS 10 boots fine! HOWEVER, the WINDOWS 10 3D starts to load then I get a small blue "O" and my mouse that never goes away.
I have used BCDEDIT before without any trouble. What may be wrong?
If your computer cannot boot after upgrading or replacing system disk from HDD to SSD, the proper reason for this problem is that you may fail to reset the boot order in BIOS. To change the boot mode, you can refer to the following to configure it:

1. Use a SATA cable to connect the SSD to your computer.

2. Restart your PC. Continuously press a specific key (usually F2, F8, F12, Del) to enter BIOS Setup.

3. Then, use the arrow keys to select Boot Option. Here, you can change the boot order to boot from the cloned SSD.

Back