Set Boot Partition

Hello team
I am trying to use easyBCD to select boot options but having some difficulty booting to the partition I selected
I have win7 on 2 separate disk I wish to boot from the installation on Disk1 but when I set it up as an entry on BCD it always boots to Disk 2 regardless of what I try
I have tried changing the boot path using BCD Backup/Repair when check Change boot drive/perform action when I restart all booting options are missing and I get just a "bootmngr" error showing and then have great difficulty recovering any booting at all, have to use win7 installation disk selected to repair my computer
I have several screenshots that I would like to send but it would need your email address and a reference to be able to do so
My email address is :- robroy8@sky.com
Kind regards
Harry

Hello team
I am trying to use easyBCD to select boot options but having some difficulty booting to the partition I selected
I have win7 on 2 separate disk I wish to boot from the installation on Disk1 but when I set it up as an entry on BCD it always boots to Disk 2 regardless of what I try
I have tried changing the boot path using BCD Backup/Repair when check Change boot drive/perform action when I restart all booting options are missing and I get just a "bootmngr" error showing and then have great difficulty recovering any booting at all, have to use win7 installation disk selected to repair my computer
I have several screenshots that I would like to send but it would need your email address and a reference to be able to do so
My email address is :- robroy8@sky.com
Kind regards
Harry
The message is correct

Attachments

• BCD 1.JPG
    BCD 1.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 2
  • BCD 2.JPG
    BCD 2.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 2
  • BCD 3.JPG
    BCD 3.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 3
  • BCD 4.JPG
    BCD 4.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Computer Management 1.JPG
    Computer Management 1.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 2
It would help if you'd used some disk labels to say what's what and where. (If you don't do so during format in the "label" field you can always right click > rename each drive in Explorer)
I can see that you're booting C from I but I have no idea what they are or if they're the thing you want or not.

Disk Management flags have the following meanings

"boot" = "this is the system you're running"
"system" = "this is where I found the boot files for the currently running system"
"active" (on the first HDD in the BIOS boot sequence) = "this is where I started the search for the boot files"
"active" (on subsequent HDDs in the BIOS boot sequence) ="this is where I will look if I don't find something in the MBR on the first HDD"
I hope that the fact that you're showing screenshots of things like "create external media" and "write MBR" doesn't mean that you're using either of them.
Neither is appropriate for what you're trying to do.

Back