Skip boot menu selected now I can't boot to Windows 7

I have just upgraded my dual boot Win 7 Linux Mint 17.1 installation to Easy BCD 2.3.
I thought I would use the "skip boot menu" option. What happens now is that it does indeed skip the boot menu and I go into the grub menu from where I can boot Linux Mint 17.1. But the option on the Grub menu to boot Win 7 does not work (it simply redisplays the grub menu) so I can't boot into Win 7 any more.
How can I get into Win 7 so that I can put things back the way they were?
I can provide more details of the config if that helps, I just wanted to start with a simple query.

All suggestions gratefully accepted!
I did the same thing, with the same result. As you said, when I tried to select Windows, it would just display the menu again. I booted my computer using my Windows recovery flash drive, and was presented with the option to choose which OS to enter, and with one to make the default.

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Yes, you need to be very careful with that option - it'll boot your default entry so that had better be a Windows-based one if you want to be able to boot into Windows.

Try the instructions at Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD for some recovery options.