Slightly strange behaviour using EasyBCD.

joemardo1

Hi folks,

I now have three hard drives on my computer, bought a 500 GB SSD a few weeks ago to speed startup.
I have different partitions on each drive, and have windows 7 on two partitions of the SSD and windows 8 on the other partition of SSD.

The EasyBCD bootloader has six enteries on it pointing to the old windows installation on the standard HDD.
However If I add an entry for xp which is on the HDD then at bootup time, I am just given the option to boot into windows 7 on the SSD, however if I remove the xp details on EasyBCD then it all goes back to normal at bootup with choice of OS to boot into.

Some months ago I used to have xp as the active drive on the HDD, but now have windows 7 on the SSD as the active drive, does that explain it?

A little strange do you think?

Joe

Last edited:
There can be (normally is) one active partition per physical device.
If you have altered the BIOS boot sequence in some way, that could explain something like you describe, though not in the circumstances you quote.
It is possible, since you have precisely SIX entries and/or XP, that this behaviour is an illusion.
Bootmgr displays six entries per page, so it is possible that you are seeing the second page when you add XP.
Did you try scrolling up ?

Back