Three operating systems on a pc

MC Frodo

Hi. I have a two way system on my pc with BCD and diferent ssd drives for win 7 and win 10 Home.
I am thinking to set a third operating system Win 10 Pro just for music composing on an M2 drive.
Is it possible with Easy BCD 2.4?
What would be the process so that I would not damage the other two systems and the three would work perfectly?
Thanks for you time and attention.
Manuel Cardoso

You don't need to involve EasyBCD (It's not the boot manager), though you could use it post installation to make cosmetic changes to your boot menu system names for example.
Just install a new W10 in a free space and MS setup will automatically triple boot it with your existing systems.

The only thing to be careful about is where you put the new system.
Don't make the mistake of thinking that you can give the empty space a letter on your booted OS then point at that letter during the install.
Disk letters are virtual labels unique to each of your OSs and stored in the registry, so can (and likely will) vary between boots into a different OS.
The install is an OS in its own right, so will not recognize letters you allocated somewhere else.
"Label" the space you want to use (there's a label box in the format menu). The label is physically attached to the space and will be visible to any booted OS (even non-Windows) without any possibility of misunderstanding. (provided you choose a suitable unique name like W10 Music)

Last edited:
Back