Two Win10 drives — can I install EasyBCD on both?

koantum

Hi,

I have put an SSD into a caddy and put the caddy into my laptop's optical drive bay. Then I cloned the OS partition of the HDD to the SSD so that now I have two drives with Win10 installed. Then I used EasyBCD (installed on the HDD) to make the laptop boot from the SDD by default. My question now is this:

Can I install EasyBCD also on the SSD or will it interfere with the installation on the HDD?

Thanks for reading and more thanks for answering.

EasyBCD is not a boot manager.
It takes no part in booting your PC.
It helps you manage the contents of the Windows bootmgr's BCD if and when you use it.
You can install or uninstall to your heart's content, nothing will happen to your PC unless you open it and tell it to make some changes to subsequent boots.
Incidentally, it's completely portable. It only uses the Windows installer for convenience.
You don't need another copy, you can execute it on one OS from a library elsewhere.
I have it installed on a shared data drive and have a desktop shortcut to it from all my OSs

EasyBCD is not a boot manager.
It takes no part in booting your PC.
It helps you manage the contents of the Windows bootmgr's BCD if and when you use it.
You can install or uninstall to your heart's content, nothing will happen to your PC unless you open it and tell it to make some changes to subsequent boots.
Incidentally, it's completely portable. It only uses the Windows installer for convenience.
You don't need another copy, you can execute it on one OS from a library elsewhere.
I have it installed on a shared data drive and have a desktop shortcut to it from all my OSs
Many thanks for this fast and most helpful reply!

Back